Sunday, March 22, 2009

JUNE!!!

June is my dear daughter who is definitely 7 going on 17. She's as smart as a whip... which makes things interesting. She LOVES to read and will just fly through a book in no time flat. She's such a good sister to Madi. She is so nurturing, a real little mom in the making. It's been so nice to have June around, especially when she's helping me with dinner, or reading to Madi (and sometimes to Adam & Noah too!) or taking the time to stop and give me a hug. Those are the moments that make my day. I am so proud of who June is becoming. She's going to have a herd of boys chasing her one day though... Bryce & I are already worried about that! I'm not sure how that one will go. I just hope Bryce will meet the boys at the doorstep with a BIG gun & hopefully they will get the message that we will expect them to behave & treat our daughter with respect! (I'm starting on a tangent... sorry... back to who June is!) I am really proud of her. She loves school & does extremely well, she's turning into a good swimmer, she does well when she plays soccer, she's confident & she's loving. I am excited (& a little scared) to see what life will bring June, and more importantly, what June has to bring to life! I feel like my little girl is well on her way... the days of her playing in the sandbox and with Barbie dolls are over and before I know it, she'll grow up & be gone. (This is a common thread here... I'm sad all my babies aren't babies anymore... so sad that they all grow up & leave... although when they do, maybe my house will be clean all the time!!)

June ~ just about 7 years old ~ August 2008

1 comment: