Sunday, March 22, 2009

And then there was Adam...

Adam is the little 'puppy' of our family. When Adam gets excited about one of his tangents, his eyes get really big, he stands on his tippy toes & he talks a mile a minute! (And the end of every sentence ends with 'a'... for example: Come with me-a. It's quite funny b/c he clearly doesn't even realize he adds the 'a' at the end of everything.) He's just so cute! I swear he has an invisible tail that is wagging constantly... Love it! Adam is now in kindergarten. Adam's biggest challenge starting kindergarten this past fall was getting dressed. Anyone who knows Adam knows that when he is home, he LOVES to run around in his underwear. And I mean LOVES. In the fall I had many mornings of persuading Adam in to putting on some clothes. And there were many mornings of angry tears... he just didn't want to wear clothes. He is much better now at getting dressed in the morning (thank heavens!!) but when he gets home from school, he takes off all of his outdoor clothes and continues to strip down to his underwear! Oh, my little Captain Underpants! We are really loving this little boy, dressed or not. It's so fun to see him growing up but it makes me sad too; I am realizing that these sweet 'puppy' days will end and he will turn into a big boy, then teenager, then just grow up and leave. I am really trying hard to enjoy every day of this stage of his life... it's a wonderful time.


Adam 4 1/2 yrs old (August 2008)
I couldn't decide which picture to use, so I'm putting both up!

This is the Adam we know & love!



No comments:

Post a Comment