Saturday, April 30, 2011

My fearless children ☺

Today we took the kids to the Family Day activities that they had on the base. Bryce calls it the "mandatory fun"... they are required to be there. Tonight he's at another mandatory fun thing for work. I think he's going to just make an appearance & head back home. (yay!) Anyways. back to the afternoon activities! (I'm always getting side tracked, lol) We took the kids to the base, and usually the activities are held outside but we are having a blizzard right now. Can you believe it?!!? This place makes me crazy, for real! So all the activities were inside the 2VP building. They had bounce houses, face painting, petting zoos, LAV (light armored vehicle) rides, the kids could climb all over everything, they had a spot where they could lie down on the ground with machine guns (crazy!), a night vision room and a zip line. The kids had a blast! I was glad to get out of the house with them. ☺ You should have seen them all go on the zip line! The guys set up a zip line from one side of the building to the other side... the kids zip-lined (if that's even a word, lol) above all the activities. MADI even did it! And none of them were scared & they all LOVED it! So awesome! Glad my kids like to try new things & weren't scared! Seriously, I thought Madi would back out. Nope. She jumped off and off she went, smiling the whole way & kicking her little 3 yr old legs! Go Madi! I was a proud mom watching my fearless kids!


June was having a saucy day (not sure why, I never really know why... I'm just here for the ride, I guess). Bryce had talked to the kids before going in & went over the rules. You know, like behave yourselves, use you manners, that kind of thing. Then he added in, please don't embarrass me, we are going to be with all my co-workers, soldiers & his bosses. Not a biggy, I thought. When we went in, June started acting up & being super saucy. Sigh. At one point she wanted to do something & when we told her she had to wait a moment, we weren't quite ready. Do you know what she said?!? It was something along the lines of "you better do this or get ready to be embarrassed". Man oh man, Bryce & I both had words with her! Now I'm not saying all this to rip on June... here's the funny thing. When we came home Bryce & I were talking to each other about her remark and we were thinking of ways that we could embarrass her (all totally in a joking manner... not for real... although, maybe we will, lol). I told Bryce next time she makes a comment like that, we should turn and give each other a big hug & kiss in front of her and everyone else. SHE WOULD DIE of embarrassment!! We had a good laugh... gotta find something to laugh about ;)


I'm feeling pretty good about things. Still don't know where we are moving yet. Only a few more days (5 sleeps!!) til we find out if Bryce gets in to med school. But I'm not crying every day like I was a couple weeks ago. Somehow the stress of not knowing feels like it's lifted. I just feel peace. Whatever happens, happens. I know that we, as a family, will go where the Lord wants us to go. I do really hope Bryce gets in, but I trust whatever happens will be what is best for us as a family, as a couple & as individuals. Still praying like mad that it's med school... soon this will all be a memory...


Well Bryce is back from his mandatory fun. Good man he is. Glad he's back. I'm exhausted tonight, so glad to have him here to help with the kids. I'm going to go now. I want to spend some time with him while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment