Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We didn't think today would go this way!

WOW WOW WoW wOw! Today was supposed to be just a regular day. The morning today was normal, lunch came, that started out normal. Bryce and the kids came home for lunch. As I was taking lunch out of the oven, Bryce was upstairs and started yelling my name... honestly, I thought he just needed something... then he yells from upstairs, "Melissa! I got an interview invite to NOSM!!" (NOSM is the Northern Ontario School of Medicine) (Bryce had checked his email when he was upstairs and he got the interview invite via email.) I started screaming, we were both hooting & hugging & jumping, the kids had no idea what we were jumping up and down about... they thought we had lost it for sure! Then I started to cry, and cry, and cry... so many happy tears... we have been married for just over 13 years now and it has been a long road for us. Marriage wise, we are great, but honestly, there just has never quite been enough to go around. I married Bryce for love, he only had a bike and a backpack, literally, no exaggeration there. If Bryce can get into medical school and become a doctor, it will be such a blessing! We will be able to do so much more for our little family, like braces, missions, marriage, college/university, hey... how about putting them in a real house! (haha... the house will come this year, one way or the other.) What a day, what a day... we didn't think he'd even get an invite to this school... he just applied because it was one of the schools he was able to apply to. WOW. Such a blessing, truly one of the tender mercies of the Lord... so many happy tears today.
I have no idea if he'll get in. 1800 people applied, Bryce was one of 400 who got an interview invite and there are only 64 spots available. I'm so proud of him for trying so hard... everything from studying like a mad man, to killing himself (and sometimes me!) working on his applications, to continually studying the sciences on a a daily basis. If anyone deserves a chance at med school, Bryce does. (I know, I'm biased) His interview will be in Thunder Bay, Ontario on March 26th. Looks like we'll be booking flights and a hotel. Wow. (Did I mention that already?) Bryce will find out in another couple weeks if he gets an invite to University of Calgary by end of this month. I hope he gets to have one there too, but we'll see what happens. I'm just grateful for this opportunity! Yay Bryce!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for the both of you! We will keep you in our prayers and hope that all goes well! YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I remember the anticipation, fear, excitement of that whole process. At least Bryce is already bald so you don't have a chance to totally botch up his hair the night before his interview! ha ha ha. Wayne and I were at his parents house the night before, and I went to cut his hair like I always do, but didn't notice that the largest attachment for the cutters was HALF the size of mine at home. Therefore Wayne's hair was...ummmmm...a bit spikier than I would have liked it for his interview for a professional college! ha ha ha He was such a good sport (I was horrified)...and we still laugh about it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is AWESOME news. Your family definitely deserves this Melissa!

    ReplyDelete