Friday, January 28, 2011

This has been on mind alot lately

This has been on my mind alot lately. Bryce shared this with me a few months ago and we often go back to watch the clip. I've had many moments over the last month where I have been able to sit and ponder this. (I know, shocking, I do sometimes have time to sit & think, haha!) I have felt the tender mercies of the Lord many times... it has been at the front of my mind alot lately. It's so good to recognize all the times the Lord has influence in my life, I'm sure it happens more than I have - no, make time to recognize. I'm going to try to find more moments in life to ponder the good things and to count my many blessings.

Speaking of blessings, I have all 5 of my blessings home today! It's a PD day so the kids have no school! It should be a good day, I hope. At least it's reasonably warm outside and they can go out to play... and I can go out with them too! The 2 things on my to do list today are to get groceries (the poor fridge is BARE... it's perfect for cleaning, lol) and I think I'll make bread today. We can never have enough bread in this home!! My not so little eaters will eat me out of house and home if I don't keep up on things. But that's another story for another day.


☺ ***TURN OFF MUSIC ON SIDEBAR TO HEAR*** ☺





And this is what I did in all my spare moments yesterday... holy cow cake day! A local photographer (Amanda Lazarski Photography) approached me and asked me if I would be interested in making "Smash Cakes" for the photo shoots she does for children turning one. These cakes are for the child to do whatever he/she wants to do... eat, smash, smear, whatever... all the while Amanda takes the pictures. So yesterday I made up some samples. Amanda will be photographing them today for me... sweet! I know they'll look MUCH better than my own take a picture on the oven pictures, lol.












I'm glad there are no cakes in our home today. I don't even want to see cake for at least a couple days! Although, now that I think of it, I have to make one for Monday... I'm teaching at Michaels and will need to have a cake there for the Decorating Basics course. Sigh. There will never be an end to cake now, lol. Whatever, it's fun to make... I just need to stop picking at the cake and at the icing! And that's another story for anther day!

I'm off, I'm going to spend some time with the kids! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment