Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, Sunday...

Well, we got through another weekend. And I made it through the kids having Friday off, lol, like it was hard, lol. Friday went well. In my last post I said I wanted NOTHING to do with cake, especially after the marathon cake day on Thursday. I went downstairs afterwards and the first thing June said to me was that she really, really wanted to make cupcakes and decorate them. June got a cupcake decorating set for Christmas ~she wanted it all year~ so she wants to use it any time she can. Of course, I was totally caked out and told her how I was feeling... but I also told her she could use the leftover icing and practice her techniques on her practice board. That just wasn't going to cut it for June. She begged, she got out the bowls and all the supplies and put on her apron and came back and told me she could make it and that I wouldn't have to do it... all I had to do was to tell her what to do. How can I say no to that? So I mommy-ed up and put on an apron and helped her make the cupcakes, but decided to make it a learning experience, so I had her do everything. Teach a man to fish... teach a girl to bake! She was so happy! And I was nauseated making another batch of cake! haha... I got over it when they came out, it's so hard not to snitch a little here and there. Oh, I really need a new hobby that DOESN'T include food! Anyways that's how Friday went, it was about making things with kids and coloring and play dough and watching the kids sled down the snow piles in the driveway! Good times, good kids, I'll keep them! ☺


My girls Madi & June! Love them!
(Madi is 3 1/2 yrs old here... although she's convinced her birthday is every day lately, oh, and that she's turning 9! Funny girl! And Miss June is 9 1/2 yrs old here... she's really growing up to be such a nice, beautiful girl, inside and out!)

Putting the cupcake liners in the pans...

I couldn't resist this picture of Madi & her crazy grin!

June is such a GREAT teacher and big sister! She is SO good with Madi, I'm so proud of her! She will make an excellent babysitter one day (I wish that day was here already!) and an even better mother! I'm so grateful to have my girls! ☺

Friday night Amanda brought the sample smash cakes back to me and on Saturday I was able to pick up the CD with the images. She did such a great job! They look SO much better than my pictures of them on the stove! I need a new talent, it's photography. That's the next thing I am going to learn and become good at.... even if it kills me and everyone around me, lol! And where will I find the time? Not sure about that one yet, but I am determined, I'll find it one way or the other. Life is more interesting when I'm trying to develop myself ~ learning is good. Anyways, here are a few of the pictures Amanda took of my cakes.









And now it's Sunday, I'm blogging and just reflecting on how sweet life can be when I take the time to stop and think about it. Bryce and I were looking at the slide show at the bottom of the page, it's the one I put on when I first started the blog. As we watched the pictures come up, tears came to my eyes, my little children, how sweet and little they were... and now they are growing up. It's great that they are growing up, there are many wonderful things that come with that... but it saddens me a little, my time as a mother with a house full of children really is limited. It will end, they will all grow up and leave the house. I feel so grateful to have my children, I just don't even have the words to express how much I love them! I hope that one day they will come and read 'moms blog' (and maybe even my grandchildren) and I hope that they will know when they read these posts, how much I adore them. Happy tears! And those are my thoughts for the day ☺

PS Bryce is happy I'm blogging, it's the closest thing I have to writing in a journal. Bryce is fantastic at journaling... he has tons of journals, good for him! He teases me constantly about whether or not I have even written about the kids births, funny man! OK, so maybe there are HUGE gaps in time in my journals, but I'm getting there. I tease him back though, I tell him at least my journals have pictures and videos! lol... good times ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment