Friday, September 28, 2012

Adam is my runner!

So every fall the kids school has the 'turkey trot' run. This month he has been looking forward to running the race... he wanted SO BADLY to get first place because the prize is a turkey. (The turkey is really one of those little chicken/cornish hens, but to him it's a big bird, lol.) 

Well, the run was on Tuesday... and he came home after school grinning ear to ear! He came in first place!!! *Happy dance* And he had his turkey! And because he placed first, he was entered into the district turkey trot.

So yesterday was the district turkey trot. My dad went to watch him (Bryce couldn't break away from work and I was home with Madi, Dallin & 3 other day home children). Adam was thrilled, he loves it when Grandpa comes to watch him! I love my parents, they are so supportive of the kids and try to come to as many of the kids events/activities as they can (they are in the temple presidency, so they are at the temple for a good chunk of their week, busy people!). 

Adam came home after school and had a ribbon in his hand. He placed 19th... out of 67 runners! Which I thought was great! I was really proud! But then he told me that he would have placed better but one of the kids running fell and hurt himself, so he stopped in the run to help this boy get up and he took the time to make sure that he was ok. He only continued the run when the boy told him that he was fine and that Adam should keep going. *happy tears!!* SOOOO PROUD of my boy!! Who cares how he placed, my son showed great sportsmanship... Just can't express enough my love for my boy!! Great job Adam!!

Dad took a couple pictures for me... thanks Dad!!





No comments:

Post a Comment