Monday, May 30, 2011

Madi's birthday

Madi's birthday was on May 13th & she turned 4 years old. She was some kind of happy! She told me all month that she was turning 4. (Me typing this comment does absolutely no justice to the comment... it was priceless hearing her say it... I think I'll be the only one (& Bryce too) who will have any effect when reading this... sorry to the rest of you!) Then her birthday actually came & WOW was she ever excited. If she was a puppy, her tail would have been wagging all day long, lol. She cracks me up! Once again, my typing/explanation is doing no justice, lol. (I must be tired, what's new....)

Madi wanted a birthday cake with butterflies on it. So she asks, I make. That was the whole point of me learning to decorate cakes! So I went online to get ideas & showed her a number of pictures & she wanted all of them (of course, what 4 yr old doesn't want every cake they see!) but she choose one that was 2 tiered with butterflies going up the side of the cake. So I made her this cake. I love how well it turned out! Every part is edible too, and I made the butterflies sparkly. (The things I do for my kids... 2 days of my life swamped with daily activities & squeezing in a big old cake)


I was just going to put Madi's birthday pictures but now realize that they are all on Bryce's phone & Bryce's Dad's camera. Sigh. I thought I had it all together. Not quite. Oh well, I'll get them and post them another time!


Long story short, Madi turned 4 and she is happy about it. We had a great day with her & I went down memory lane (of course, I'm too sappy not to go down memory lane... it's my favorite street you know, lol). It was fun to look at pictures of her from last year's party & to remember all the fun things about the last 4 years. I LOVE MADI! She's such a fun child! I love her spunk, her playfulness, her crazy smile, I love it when she asks for "black black black licorice" (not sure why it has to be black x 3, but that's how she asks... and ewww, black licorice, yuck! It's like she's 90 yrs old or something, crazy Madi!), I love watching her play, watching her try to brush her long mane of hair... tucking her in at night... she always wants a really good squeeze for a hug, and she used to always want a kiss, but now she giggles if I try to kiss her. So funny, so many good times with Madi. Love her so much!


And I promise to get my act together and get those pictures. Don't ask me to put a date on it though, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment