Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm taking a cake decorating class!

I am taking a cake decorating course! I'm just about done course 2... tomorrow is my last class. It has been SO much fun & I just love it! I can't wait to take the next course next month! We have eaten ALOT of cake lately, so I think I may need to get myself on the treadmill or I may never loose my baby weight! hehe! Anyways, here are some of the cakes I have decorated...





This is my first cake ever! It wasn't really for Madi's birthday... but her birthday was the closest & I figured the kids wouldn't argue if I put her name on it... which they didn't. Thank heavens!



This is the 3rd cake I made. Notice there are no pictures of cake number 2... it was eaten too quickly!

This is a cake I made for my friend Janet. It had a TON of icing... very sweet! It was a little
too sweet for my taste, but it was cute to look at!

Here are some cute cupcakes I made for the kids! They were the perfect combination of cake & icing... wish I had one to eat right now!



This was Madi's 3rd birthday cake. When I asked her what she wanted on her cake, she told me she wanted to have a pinecone cake. I asked her what else she would like and she told me a puppy. So I thought a puppy would be easier to make, so that's what I did. Bryce thought I should put pinecones on the grass, but I thought they would look like little dog poops so I didn't do it!! Lady bugs were much better!



This cake was yummy! It was a good combination of cake & icing. I think I am getting the hand of how much icing to put on the cake. It's one thing for it to look good, but if it's too sweet to eat, then it's not really worth making, in my opinion. I am hunting down & trying out new recipes to see if I can find the perfect icing. I know it's out there... I will find it! Actually, I tried a new one a couple days ago & it was super, super good! It had whipping cream in it, so of course it was good! Once again, I need to get on the treadmill before this cake decorating catches up to me! On that note, I am going to bed... I will be on the treadmill tomorrow morning after the kids get off to school!

I'll post more pictures later this week. I am making another cake tomorrow for my last class. I am excited about it, we are learning the basket weave tomorrow. We'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

  1. Seriouly you make great cakes!!! I love them all......and they taste sooooo good too! Good for you for doing something fun like that. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Johanna - awesome cake! Of course, you already know my favourite...the chocolate/strawberry!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete