Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter April 2009

Easter weekend turned out completely different than what I had initially anticipated. I thought that we would have a quiet weekend at home, just me & the kids. (Bryce was away, working in Alberta, of course!) Then I got a call on the Wednesday night before the weekend. My mom called at about 9:30pm & said that she & my dad were thinking about driving out to see us... THE NEXT DAY! So I was excited & decided not to tell the kids, I thought it would be a good surprise for the kids. So I sent the kids off to school the next day and then I spilled the beans to one of the kids... I told Madi!! Hehehe... I couldn't keep it a complete secret, so I told the child who doesn't know how to talk!! Anyways, my parents came & brought Liam (my sister Lindsay's son) with them. We had such a fun weekend with them! It was great to have them come & visit, even if it was only for 3 days. :)


Photobucket

The first day we decided to go to the Sportsplex in Brandon. We had heard that there was a good pool there. It was awesome! The pool had a really fun water slide & a floating climbing mountain & lots of really cool pool toys. We spent a couple hours there & afterwards we went out to dinner together. It was a fun day together. :)


On our second day together we decided to go to Play Time so the kids could burn off some of their energy. The kids did just that! They ran and played and jumped for a good couple hours. In the last 20 minutes, Madi hurt her foot and couldn't stand on it. I thought maybe she was just tired & hungry initially, but then I realized that wasn't the case, she had actually hurt herself. So off to the hospital we went... all 8 of us! Grandma & Grandpa, Liam, my 4 kids & myself. Kinda a gong show. We soon realized that sitting in the ER with those numbers wasn't the most practical idea. My Dad was a good, good man... he took all the uninjured kids back home & put them to bed, while my mom & I did the hospital visit with Miss Madi. It turned out that Madi had a 'buckle fracture' on one of her bones in her left foot. Poor little muffin! Here's Madi, very overtired & unhappy with her temporary cast.

Photobucket

Since it was a Saturday night, Madi was only able to have a temporary cast. We went back to the cast room in the hospital the following Tuesday. She did really well... and she got a very cute hot pink cast! So cute! Well, at least at the end of this all, she looks adorable in her cast. :)

Photobucket


Here's a picture of Madi getting ready for her bath. I wrap her cast in towel & then double bag it and seal it with an elastic. She doesn't mind doing all of that... she just loves getting in the tub & will do whatever it takes to get in!!

Photobucket

See, Madi just couldn't wait any longer... apparently she was more interested in getting into the tub than having her picture taken! That's Madi for you! :)

Photobucket

Here's a video clip of Madi getting around in her cast. The doctors told me the first night that I would likely have to carry her everywhere & that she wouldn't walk much. They don't know our Madi. It didn't take her long to figure out how to maneuver herself & now after almost 2 weeks of her being in a cast, she's almost as fast in her cast as she is without it. She's so cute as she hobbles along. We love our little Madi! (If you want to hear the video clip without the music that plays on my blog, go to the sidebar and press the pause button on the music playlist!)





Sunday was Easter and we had a yummy turkey dinner. Mom, Dad & I decided that it was easy to do a turkey dinner when there are 3 people making it! We enjoyed our visit with Grandma & Grandpa & Liam! So glad they came & can't wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment